Reporting to the Development Manager, a Technical Lead has the following responsibilities:
Supporting the technical direction of an Agile Team, or other assigned project including:
- Maintain code quality and assurance including maintenance of coding conventions and management of code reviews.
- Work with the Development Manager to highlight areas of process and tooling that can improve code quality and delivery.
- Consultation on pre-sales business requirements to provide technical insight and ensure expectations can be met.
- Contribute to process of providing high level estimation and costing of the development workload ahead of detailed break-down.
- Mentor developers at all levels assisting them with learning and skills improvement.
- Work with Development Manager in making high-level system design decisions on both legacy application architecture and green-field projects.
- Work with the Development Manager to identify opportunities to build the development skills in the team.
- Where appropriate, provision and maintenance of skills assessment within the team.
- Identify emerging and upcoming technical developments liaising with the management team to identify those that may benefit future product development.
- Deputise in the absence of the Development Manager for day-to-day “staff” issues.
- Degree in CS or related topic.
- OCA/P Examination Passed
- Minimum 2 years in a Technial lead role.
- Java 8, Tomcat, AWS (but we will train / certify), InteliJ, (small circa 5%) UI JS and Angular. Junit, Selenium, Cucumber, Go CI/CD (like Jenkins)
Skills / Attributes
- Programming in Java, working with SQL.
- Ability to work in a self-organising Agile environment.
- Understanding of quality development (unit tests, integration tests).
- Flexibility in working throughout the technology stack.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills throughout the complete development team structure
- Awareness of the challenges of processing large-scale data sets.