Junior Java Developer
Reporting to the Development Manager or Development Team Lead, a Developer has the following responsibilities:
- Manage small-scale development work on agile sprints to delivery deadlines.
- Provide feedback on assigned task progress as agreed.
- Translate software requirements into concise and robust programming code.
- Maintain any legacy applications identifying opportunities to improve the code-base and design for improved maintainability.
- Testing development to a high quality including user-acceptance testing to ensure the application can be used easily and accurately.
- Increase application efficiency and adaptability to new requirements.
- Devise possible solutions to predicted problems, evaluating other options.
- Produce technical documentation to describe system usage.
- Work closely with the Test Analyst to ensure all feedback and issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Liaise with third-parties to implement external dependencies.
- Consult resource material to maintain and further existing skills and knowledge.
- Implement Unit Tests to Prove additions and changes to codebase.
- Provide code review peer feedback
- Degree in CS or related topic
- OCA Examination Passed (or to pass in probation)
- Java 8, Tomcat, AWS (but we will train / certify), InteliJ, (small circa 5%) UI JS and Angular. Junit, Selenium, Cucumber, Go CI/CD (like Jenkins) beneficial.
Skills / Attributes
- Programming in Java, working with SQL.
- Ability to work in a self-organising Agile environment.
- Understanding of quality development (unit tests, integration tests).
- Flexibility in working throughout the technology stack.
- Good communications skills.
- Awareness of the challenges of processing large-scale data sets.